“Improved livelihoods of the people of PNG and Pacific through ease of accessibility to clean, affordable, reliable and renewable energy”.
Ensure people in PNG and the Pacific build their capacity to provide all their energy needs from sustainable and renewable energy sources. This is achieved through initiating, implementing and encouraging renewable energy & energy efficient projects; improving decision-making & good governance; increasing education & awareness; and partnerships & cooperation with stakeholders/actors.
Objectives of CORE
- To significantly expand the opportunities for research in the field of RE&EE;
- To provide opportunities for researchers from the SNPS, the SBAPP and other schools to do joint research activities
- To promote the research activities of members of staff of the University in the renewable energy and energy efficiency field;
- To promote the training of postgraduates in research in the renewable energy and energy efficiency field.
- To provide market research services in RE&EE with emphasis on liaison and networking with the public service, private sector, and Non-Governmental Organisations(NGOs);
- To identify research need and enable research and development for integrated and innovative RE&EE solutions in PNG and the Pacific.
- To enable technology and knowledge transfer by connecting research and industry through project development.
- To increase awareness of benefits and challenges of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- To promote the development of a highly qualified and trained workforce for RE&EE sector in PNG and the Pacific.
- To do all such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above aims.